<$BlogRSDURL$>

My Other Blog

Intarweb Thingies

Pics

www.flickr.com

Links

Get off my lawn, you young whippersnappers! 

Another birthday passed by. The ones who remembered, remembered out of habit. This year, I wanted it this way.

I got news from my friend who moved to Canada. The youth there were just as drunk and rowdy as those in any US college town. I wonder how the weekend booze-bingeing, foul-mouthed youth of America will turn out. I sometimes feel I should've done things like that when I was in college. And that's when I begin to feel old.

Anti did a round-up of racism against desis, and teenagers figured prominently in the demographic (at least Canadian teenagers seem to be non-prejudiced for now...). Living in a Christian state has its advantages -- people are much more tolerant, if you can get past their church talk. I've had strange glances once in a while, but an explicit instance of prejudice hasn't happened to me yet.

But take a quick mental survey -- how many desis you know have voiced opinions generalizing all african-americans as people with lesser morals? In the racist ladder, we happen to be in the middle rung, and crying foul will not change anything.

Comments:
dey,
unakkum aug. 2 b'day-a???? never knew.. neways, belated b'day wishes...
Not Aug 2, but July 16th... thanks :D
Post a Comment