<$BlogRSDURL$>

My Other Blog

Intarweb Thingies

Pics

www.flickr.com

Links

Two Indias? 

Even when I lived there, I could sense the simmering casteism in my relatively urbanized area of residence. The undertones were there -- 'He's the head of the local Dalit association. He's constantly organizing meetings in his home'. But then, neighborly peevishness was always non-discriminatory. I've also heard, 'They are Pentecostals. They organize carol-singing in the night at their home with 20 people'.

Did I turn a blind eye to the real reason for these comments, or were they simply complaints of disturbing-the-peace?

But when a humor site like somethingawful posts about Dalits being driven out of refugee centers, you wonder if you lived in a different country than the one mentioned in the story.

Comments: Post a Comment